Mango Pomegranate Salad with Lime Tahini Dressing
Some days, the sun shines so brightly it calls for food that is tropical, colourful and makes you feel like it’s summer, even if it’s still cold out. I like to look up recipes by searching for combinations of ingredients I have in my fridge, and this time I had mango and pomegranate. In my search I came across a lovely recipe by Seasonal Sprouts that combines the savoury and sweet, and has a lovely bit of bite.
Ingredients (serves 2):
60g rocket salad (arugula)
1/2 mango, peeled and sliced
2-3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
1/4 red onion, finely sliced
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (I like black, but you can also use white)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
1/2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
1/2 cm fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp tahini
1. To make the dressing, throw all the ingredients together in a small glass jar with a lid, and shake well. If you don’t have a jar, you can also just throw them in a glass and stir really well.
2. Blanch the peas - toss them in a big pot of boiling water over high heat, boil for 1 minute, then remove and immediately cool using icy cold water.
3. Place the rocket salad in a big bowl and toss together with a quarter of the dressing.
4. Add the red onion and mango and half of the peas and pomegranate seeds, and another 1/4 of the dressing, and toss again.
5. Divide over two plates, sprinkling with the remaining peas and pomegranate, and with sesame seeds. Drizzle with the last bit of dressing.