Grilled Peaches with Yoghurt
Ingredients (serves 2):
8 ripe peaches
1 cup Greek yoghurt
30g blanched (= white) almonds, halved
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Honey and cinnamon to taste
few drops of lemon juice
1. Wash the peaches and quarter them. Brush each cut side with maple syrup.
2. Pre-heat a grill pan. Place the peaches in the pan until they’re ready but not falling apart. This only takes a few minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. Take the almonds and toast them in a skillet. (You can also do it in the oven, but on top of the stove is faster and less hassle - no pre-heating needed, etc etc).
4. Take the Greek yoghurt and add honey and cinnamon to taste. Add a few drops of lemon juice and stir.
5. Divide the yoghurt over two bowls, top with grilled peaches and almonds and serve.