Penne with Smoked Salmon and Cherry Tomatoes
My go-to easy meals are almost always pastas - I can think of few feel-good meals that are easier and less time consuming to make. What I love most is that you can add just about anything you like. It doesn’t matter if you stray from the traditional, just combine the flavours that make your heart sing.
Here’s a lovely smoked salmon and cherry tomato penne.
Ingredients (serves 2):
120g penne (use 50-60g per person for dried pasta, or 90g per person if you use fresh pasta)
100g smoked salmon
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion
1 clove garlic
250 mL cream
Dash of white wine
1 tbsp Olive oil
Salt, pepper and parmesan to taste
1. Chop the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
2. Press the garlic over the onion mixture and add the cherry tomatoes. Sauté for another 2-3 minutes, then add a dash of white wine.
3. Sauté for a 2-3 minutes more, then add the cream. Heat, stir and add almost all the salmon (reserve a tiny bit for the end). Season with salt and black pepper to taste and set aside.
4. In the meantime, boil the penne according to the instructions in the packet. When done, drain and add to the pan cream mixture. Sauté over low heat until the penne is fully coated in sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan.
5. Pour over two plates while steaming hot. Garnish with a bit the remaining salmon you had set aside and top with a bit more parmesan.